Popular Posts

Goodreads

Currently-reading

Fangirl
0 of 5 stars
tagged: bought and currently-reading

goodreads.com
Follow on Bloglovin
Follow on Bloglovin

Blog Archive

Friday, August 8, 2014
Title:  To All the Boys I've Loved Before
Author: Jenny Han

Genre:  Contemporary, YA, Romance
Publisher:  Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: April 15th 2014
Hardcover:  355 Pages
What It's About: "Lara Jean Song keeps her love letters in a hatbox her mother gave her. They aren't love letters that anyone else wrote for her; these are ones she's written. One for every boy she's ever loved—five in all. When she writes, she pours out her heart and soul and says all the things she would never say in real life, because her letters are for her eyes only. Until the day her secret letters are mailed, and suddenly, Lara Jean's love life goes from imaginary to out of control
My Rating:  

What I Thought: This book was fantastic. Out of all the contemporaries I have read, this was the best. Keep in mind, this was also my first Jenny Han book. As I started the book, I couldn't help but exclaim how much I loved her writing. It lead me to keep reading. This book was very hard for me to put down. The story was so appealing. I cannot express enough how much I enjoyed the fact of how different this YA book was. Family is a great part of this story. I loved that because usually family isn't a huge factor in a YA book. Lara Jean being with her family really stood out to me. It showed a lot about her personality and made this story feel very realistic. The sisterly bond Lara Jean has with her sisters is wonderful. This story felt so realistic because of those main components.  After Kitty and Lara Jean get in a fight, the letters are sent out which led me to think that Kitty was obviously the person who sent the letters. I was glad that the story wasn't just about the letters because that was my prediction. Lara Jean actually gets something great out of this terrible situation. The hardest part while reading this was choosing which boy I felt Lara Jean should be after. I was torn between both Josh and Peter as Lara Jean was.  It was very obvious that Peter was developing actual feelings for Lara Jean halfway into the book which made me very happy. He came around the house more and Kitty started to enjoy him. Josh was always there for Lara Jean when she needed him and I didn't want to see their friendship end. I'm glad it didn't but when they kissed I wasn't sure to be happy or disappointed. Margot had the right to be angry but she should've heard Lara Jean out before she jumped to conclusion. Margot was annoying but I could understand why. She needed to know when it was time to be a sister and a "mother". For Christmas, Kitty got the puppy she had been asking for and I couldn't have been happier for her! I could relate to Lara Jean so well - another reason why I loved this book. Lara Jean was the first fictional character I could relate to.  This book made me very happy at all times and I cannot wait until the next one! 

0 comments: